Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to Doonbeg....and the Whitehorse Spa

Today we never left the property. I had another round of golf scheduled here at Doonbeg and Kristen was slated for an afternoon at the Whitehorse Spa. It was nice not to have to do any driving today. 

I was supposed to play this morning at 11:00 am. However, the wind and rain that hounded me yesterday around Lahinch found its way to Doonbeg today. I was able to move my tee time back to 2:00 pm or so in an effort to hopefully miss the wind and rain.  Mother Nature had other ideas and I had another brutal test with the weather out on the links. The caddy master thought I was crazy to head out but I wanted to challenge myself to mentally get through it. Physically, I knew scoring would be difficult so expectations were low. Today proved to be quite the test. I set some very specific scoring / shot making goals and was able to hit most of them as the weather eased up during the latter part of the round. Regardless of the weather, this is a special place to be. Again Doonbeg, you didn't disappoint. 

While I made the conscious decision to avail myself to the elements outside, Kristen fared far better at The Whitehorse Spa here at Doonbeg. As she is accustomed to doing, Kristen will make her way to the spa before her appointment to take advantage of the steam room etc. Today was no exception. We parted ways after lunch and she was off for her Whitehorse Spa Signature Caviar Facial, whatever the heck that is. I hoped she liked the spa as it is rated as Conde Nast Magazine's #1 Spa in Europe. When she returned, her big smile told me that she had indeed enjoyed her afternoon. The Whitehorse Spa Signature Caviar Facial was a hit. Two thumbs up...

Sadly we leave Doonbeg tomorrow and are headed south to Killarney. Doonbeg, hear me now, we will be back! We will have to take a car ferry over to Ballybunion for my round tomorrow. I am very excited about it as Ballybunion is a perennial top 10 course in the world. We will be back on the B&B circuit tomorrow evening through the rest of the trip. Let's hope we avoid a repeat of Kilkee. Most importantly, tomorrow is our 4th anniversary. Very blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment